why is this being done with .NET technology?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 31 18:29:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:25:13PM -0500, bob wrote:
> Judging from the job ads on this site they are heavily committed to .NET.
>
> Maybe too late now but we should be lobbying for this to be based on open
> formats and standards.

Like java 10 years ago, it's Big Buzz Words, that managers like to hear,
so they declare 'make this work using that new .net stuff' since
obviously that new stuff must be better and save lots of time, and it
should be easy to hire someone with 2 decades of expereince even if it
was only announced last year. :)

Lennart Sorensen