Thin Client and Sound

Phil Kay pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 31 02:28:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 02:16 +0000, Jason Shein wrote:

> It seems that aRts is no longer maintained, and the website has been taken
> down.
>
> In a post to kde-core-devel Stefan Westerfeld, author of the KDE multimedia
> framework aRts, announced that he would no longer be maintaining it.
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=110200188523177&w=2
>
> I located the google cache of the relevant pages of the manual found here:
>
> http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Z5XJggHTr8sJ:www.arts-project.org/doc
> /handbook/faq-network.html+site:arts-project.org&hl=en
>
> Might be of some assistance.

Yep, that helps.  Although with it not being maintained at this point,
it might not be worth pursuing.  Thanks for digging up the info.

Now the next battle is to convince more Windows users on old boxes to
switch over to Linux thin clients.  We've got some willing people. Our
biggest fear is attempting it and not doing a quality job.  Once people
get a bad taste in their mouth it is sometimes hard to shake it.

--
Phil Kay <pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>