rogers with static IP ?

David Colebatch david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 29 20:45:24 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

A company I'm consulting with at the moment have a rogers business cable
connection, but apparently it doesn't have a static IP.  Rogers don't seem to
support it (talking to their tech people) either.

Has anyone here had any experience with Rogers Business cable connections? Do
you have a static IP?

Also, does Rogers do any port filtering to prevent hosting services too?

I need to be able to host DNS, email (SMTP), web (80 and 443), and ssh.

At the moment it looks like I might have to recommend an SDSL
connection...unless of course providers here don't give static IP's there
either? :S

Any Ideas?

Regards,

David