Cellular Internet backup connection

Ray Payne ray-UsHhwO8CmvuakBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 28 20:43:22 UTC 2005

I'm new to the list, by no means am I up on working in Linux (yet).

For about $45 a month I use the Fido unlimited internet access.  (with extra
fees, about $55 a month.)  You can't get a static IP, but you can use DynDNS
if need be.  I don't do this on a Linux box, but I do have it as a backup
for one of my servers in the event of an internet connection failure.  If
you're not moving it anywhere or don't need the ability to text message
(only reason it's on my server, internet is just extra) then a dial up line
is both cheaper and faster than GSM/GPRS.

Ray