Windows at school, a student's perspective

Anton Markov anton-F0u+EriZ6ihBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 28 16:36:17 UTC 2005

James Knott wrote:
> B B wrote:
>

>> Publicly funded Schools should, of course use open
>> file formats and not force you to submit work in
>> proprietary file formats. If M$ wants those programs
>> in schools it should be forced to GPL the code but
>> instead it looks like it has chosen to bribe the
>> schools and deceive the students with pretend
>> innovation and con man offers.
>

> Supposedly, students in Ontario schools are supposed to be using Star
> Office at school and OpenOffice at home.  However, I haven't heard of
> anyone using it.  Is it there yet?

Most computers in our school have either Corel WordPerfect Suit,
Microsoft Office 97, or both, but now StarOffice. Incidently, Corel
WordPerfect is so incompatible with anything else out there, that only
those computer with MS Office are usable; what an irony.

--
Anton Markov <("anton" + "@" + "truxtar" + "." + "com")>

GnuPG Key fingerprint =
5546 A6E2 1FFB 9BB8 15C3  CE34 46B7 8D93 3AD1 44B4

*** LINUX - MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU! ***