[Fwd: Re:Windows at school, a student's perspective]

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 28 16:32:42 UTC 2005

Forwarded to the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [TLUG]: Windows at school, a student's perspective
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:26:06 -0500
From: George Fiala <george.fiala-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
To: james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
<42482D4C.10900-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

posting to you, because for some reason tlug is not recognizing this
address (again).

at my daughters school (neil c. matheson), they had no idea what the
hell i was talking about when i said that i heard they are going to be
using staroffice / openoffice.  the computer teacher knew the programs
but he has not been told to implement them, as yet.

not that it matters to my daughter, she has been using OOo/SO for a
number of years.

but other kids have no idea what the hell is going on.

george.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:14:04 -0500, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
wrote:
> B B wrote:
>

> > Publicly funded Schools should, of course use open
> > file formats and not force you to submit work in
> > proprietary file formats. If M$ wants those programs
> > in schools it should be forced to GPL the code but
> > instead it looks like it has chosen to bribe the
> > schools and deceive the students with pretend
> > innovation and con man offers.
>
> Supposedly, students in Ontario schools are supposed to be using Star
> Office at school and OpenOffice at home.  However, I haven't heard of
> anyone using it.  Is it there yet?

______________________________________
G e o r g e  F i a l a
IQ PARTNERS Inc.

T  416.599.4700 (224)
E  fiala-WCaKCDwya6ZYzD5mSbZInQ at public.gmane.org
ICQ:  259 468 580
Yahoo:  brainwrx1

We connect smart people and great companies.

IQ Partners helps intelligent companies hire better, hire less &
retain more.  Our services include Executive Search, Qualification &
Assessment, Employee Development, Career Management, HR Consulting and
Contract HR Services.  We specialize in Marketing, Communications,
Media, Technology and Financial Services and operate at the
mid-to-senior management level.  IQ Partners has offices in Toronto
and Ottawa and is a member of the Aravati Global Search Network.  For
more information, please visit www.IQPartners.com