Minimal web server

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 27 06:27:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 12:16:15AM -0500, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Walter Dnes wrote:
>
> >   Is there something less complex than Apache for serving HTML/XHTML?
> > I'm thinking of getting my feet wet with a home-based server (which
> > IStop allows).  No streaming or cgi in mind, simply XHTML 1.1 and
> > possibly a few small files.  I want something simple and secure.
>
> Apache is not hard to setup in a basic configuration.  You could just use
> Apache with lots of the modules turned off.  This would allow you to
> expaned the functionality you use later with little trouble.

just want to ditto that.  I started using apache when I first
installed debian -- even without knowing anything about linux or the
web, really, I was able to get it up and running without any real
effort.  the debian packages, at least, provide quite a bit of helpful
information as to where to look when something's not working.

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094