intelligent comparison of strings in Perl

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 26 21:52:26 UTC 2005

It would be surprise to me if such things could not be done in Perl.

No, certainly, there is no better tool to do such things than Perl.

I guess that there are some perl modules that can help in that.

By "intelligent" I mean, in the first step, just comparing for how many
characters two strings are the same (thats is easy to write, by
anyway... may be somebody did that already?)

I suspect that there are "wiser" Perl modules around there. I would like
to compare if two very similar strings are bearing in fact the same
information (with some probabilty, of course, despite they are
"different" strings).

Please advise.

zb.