Is Canada Post discriminating against Linux?

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 26 17:10:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:04:33 -0500, Francois Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Many web designers use only one tool and expect the world to be compatible
> with their little world instead of developing "real" applications that can
> accommodate most of what's out there. Also, since some of the stuff on CP
> site is about transactions and things that involve $$$ and tracking of
> documents and they want to restrict the browsers to the few they know will
> work with the way they coded their pages.

Disagree.

I'm able to access TD CanadaTrust to do banking using Mozilla Firefox.
I just checked it. If it's secure enough for TD CanadaTrust, it should
be secure enough for Canada Post.

More to the point, my bank is probably verifying that certain
functionality is present on the browser that's being used to access
the site, rather than just blindly saying "Only these operating
systems and browsers are allowed." That striokes me as a more
intelligent approach.

Alex