Is Canada Post discriminating against Linux?

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 26 13:25:21 UTC 2005

On March 26, 2005 11:32 am, David J Patrick wrote:
> B B wrote:
> >Could someone be so kind to have a look at this link?
> >http://obc.canadapost.ca/
> >
> >I think Canada Post is blocking Linux browsers to the
> >business site. (Netcraft says the site is run on ISS)
>
> Have you tried spoofing your ID; posing as IE ?
> djp

Default konqueror on KDE 3.4 - no
Identifying itself as Mozilla 1.7.3 on linux - no
Identifying itself as Mozilla 1.7.3 on XP - YES!
Identifying Itself as IE6 on XP - YES!

Firefox 1.01 on Linux - no

looks anti-linux to me.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca