Is Canada Post discriminating against Linux?

B B kioskfan-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 26 07:24:12 UTC 2005

Could someone be so kind to have a look at this link?
http://obc.canadapost.ca/

I think Canada Post is blocking Linux browsers to the
business site. (Netcraft says the site is run on ISS)

The problem I am having is a phony error message
telling me to upgrade my browser to the latest IE or
Netscape. I believe the server which is running ISS is
discriminating against Linux clients by displaying a
bogus error. I have tested Mandrake 10, Mandrake 10.1
and Knoppix. using Mozilla, Netscape, opera and
konqueror. None work but when I try from the same
location on windoze and Mac osX it works fine.

I called the web support number and they said to check
my ssl but they are working fine for other sites. The
tech also said he was using firefox but on XP.

Although I have to work around this silly problem it
is holding up the plan to start replacing Win98 and
WinME in this small office.

Thanks
Cameron