More Routing Questions

jim ruxton cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 25 04:18:39 UTC 2005

I have a laptop that I'm using to connect wirelessly to a router and out
to the internet. My router address is 192.168.0.1  so my wlan0 address
is 192.168.0.4 (I'm using DHCP) . I want to use my free ethernet port on
my laptop to connect another computer to the internet making my laptop
into a hub of sorts. I can't seem to get the correct gateway
combination. I've tried setting my ethernet port as 192.168.1.1 and
setting it as a gateway for the network 192.168.1.0 which my other
computer is on (address 192.168.1.2) . On the other computer I set the
default networks gateway to 192.168.1.1 . Whats the magic combination
here? Thanks