Solved: Help with fonts in XPDF and X in general

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 23 23:53:05 UTC 2005

  Under the sign of the Duhhhhhhhh...

  It works like this...

  - if you do *NOT* have ~/.xpdfrc, the file /etc/xpdfrc does the font
    setups and things work OK

  - if you *DO* have ~/.xpdfrc, then /etc/xpdfrc is ignored by default

  - To get xpdf to come up the way I wanted, I recently created a 1-line
    ~/.xpdfrc with the line
initialZoom page

  - if I want my own options *PLUS* the font-setups specified in
    /etc/xpdfrc, I need a 2-line ~/.xpdfrc, like so...
initialZoom page
include /etc/xpdfrc

  xpdf is functional once again.  Sorry to bother everybody.

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.