Toronto Linux User Group Online is invited to theMicrosoft Platform Technical Briefing Dinner (fwd)

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 20 12:44:58 UTC 2005

"John McGregor" <mr.mcgregor-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> on Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:23
AM wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 23:48 -0500, Adam Raymond wrote:
> > ha ha Not at all John, but yes it is true, you helped me a lot. Are
> > you going to the Microsoft thing? Is anyone going?
>
> I can't, though I would really like to. Speakers as fervent as he is
> likely to be are always good for a few terrific straight lines.

I plan to go, I have signed up, free food, and a chance to take my Debian
based laptop out for a spin :-) . Also, a chance to ask why (except for some
of their keyboards/mice) Microsoft makes such consistently crappy products
:-) .

Ok, so I will admit that my plans are not as gutsy as the guy who showed up
at a SCO event that I attended in late 2003 with a RedHat based laptop :-) .
Still, might I suggest that anyone with a non-Microsoft  based
laptop/palmtop (Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, PalmOS, etc.) who is going to be at
this Microsoft event bring their device and show it :-) ....

Colin McGregor