What is "dual-channel DDR"?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 16 21:51:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 04:18:01PM -0500, Andrew Hammond wrote:

> William Park wrote:
> | On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:19:28PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> |
> |>For some jobs maybe the ECC ram makes sense.  It also costs more and is
> |>a bit slower.
> |>
> |>What will this server be doing?
> |

> | web, email, wordprocessing, standard office setting.  I personally
> ~              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Server? Sounds more like a workstation to me. I can't imagine why anyone
> would put that kind of hardware into a workstation in this day and age.
> Do you also swat flies with a sledgehammer?

No, no...  there are about upto 100 thin-clients.  I'm just playing
around with the specs for server which can service all those
thin-clients.  There will probably be more than 1 server.  But, as
starting point, 1GB spread over 100 users means 10MB/user which is good
enough, so I say it's do able with 1 server.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because it works.