Databases

Gary Layng glayng-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 15 03:47:21 UTC 2005

A somewhat esoteric seeming question about PostgreSQL  and Firebird database
programs, but: is one preferable over the other?  The only thing I know about
them is that they're both open source database programs.

I'm giving Quasar a try.  It's a newly open-sourced accounting program created
by this Calgary company.  The earlier, "OK to use on a single computer"
non-open-source licence version was no biggie for setup and etc., but the new
version is demanding either one of these database programs (or Sybase, which
is proprietary, and therefore if possible to be avoided...), and the only
database program I have is mySQL.
--
there's no place like 127.0.0.1