University Computerization

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 13 13:57:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:25:55 -0800 (PST)
Kaizilege Karoma <buguruka-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I am working in the ICT Department in the University, we are planning to fully computerize the entire University. I am responsible with the project.
>
> Please could you help me identify the open Source Program that can keep
> 1. Student Records, transcripts, schedules, attendance, Admissions and fee ...
> 2. Human Resource management system
> 3. Library Management Software

I can tell you where to look...

This is the Schoolforge list of educational packages

http://www.schoolforge.net/software.php

Here is a site with reviews on Open Source Library applications

http://www.oss4lib.org/

Here are the two main OS archive sites...type in some keywords

http://freshmeat.net/

http://sourceforge.net/index.php

and a list of software archive sites

http://loll.sourceforge.net/linux/links/Software_Archives/index.html

Probably Schoolforge will be the best place to start

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com
Land: (416) 536-0176 | Cell: (416)407-1391