Hardware for pvr

Amos H. Weatherill right_maple_nut-/E1597aS9LT10XsdtD+oqA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 11 23:16:06 UTC 2005

Your right, I think that $1600 is too expensive for a PVR Computer.
Also, I wound recommend an AMD processor for this kind of task because
the extremely deep pipelines on the Pentium 4 processor can impact
the computers ability to multitask effectively in this situation.

Hyperthreading could be a booster for this, though, so you have to
make the final decision.

Obviously, you should check the MythTV hardware compatibility list before
purchasing anything.

For MythTV, though you can take just about any AMD Athlon XP or better
processor
and add supported hardware MPEG2/4 encoders on PCI cards.

Yours Sincerly
Amos "The Compudoc' Weatherill