live-cd distro that writes to cd

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 9 15:51:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:54:02AM -0500, Henry Spencer wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, William Park wrote:
> >     - secured data transfer -- no need for encryption.  Possible
> >     application might be hospitals, where in-house local transfer is
> >     needed but without wireless or cable.
>
> But now you've added the possibility of loss or theft of physical
> media.  (As witness occasional news stories, in a big organization,
> tracking and inventory control of removable media containing sensitive
> information is a big problem.  USB keys make it worse, by being so
> small.)  In fact, you *want* such data encrypted when it's stored on
> such a device.

I don't buy into encryption hype, really.  Probably because I didn't go
through Computer Science.  But, my feeling is that you get decryption
key by adding 42 to the encryption key.  Why else would government allow
such algorithm to be public?

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because it works.