env bug ?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 19:22:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, John Sellens wrote:

> env is behaving correctly, based on the arguments it is given.
> Some (including me) might claim that the kernel is invoking env
> incorrectly.

No, the kernel mechanism is ok, env is broken only when used in a line
like that (it works fine from shell cli and in scripts). I wrote a
replacement in C (simplified), and it is supplied with the correct args
by the shell script exec mechanism. This fixed my problem for now but I
would like to know I can rely on /usr/bin/env to find programs for me.

Peter