live-cd distro that writes to cd

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 20:40:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Matt Cahill wrote:
> Seriously, it's a good point. I wonder if DVD *isn't* the bally-hoo'd
> future standard it's cracked-up to be, what with flash-drive prices
> dropping as their storage potential exponentially increases.

People won't soon treat flash drives as throwaways.  For mass software
distribution, or for making throwaway copies of data to pass to other
people or to archive, DVD still has a role to play.  But it's not likely
to see much use as a *working* storage medium -- it's too small and too
inflexible by comparison.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org