OT: sharing Rogers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 16:12:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 05:11:55PM -0500, Alex Beamish wrote:
> I don't know about Rogers, but Sympatico appears to be fine -- we have
> five or six computers on our network, all going through a wonderful
> Netgear firewall/router that cost us about $30 after rebate. Works
> like a champ.
>
> I think Rogers is much more concerned about people going over their
> 60G monthly cap (or whatever it was). If you're doing normal browsing
> and E-Mail, I'm sure that they don't care if it's one computer or
> several.

That was my thought for my parents too, but unfortunately the stupid
linksys router crashes every few days and has to be power cycled.  That
is NOT why I spent money on that stupid box.  At least the 486 linux box
only had trouble with power failures.  I have a USR8054 at home for
wireless access, which is temporarily doing the cable modem sharing too,
and it too crashes about once a week or so loosing the wireless network
and needing a power cycle.  I wish one of these companies could just
make something that didn't crash regularly.  Oh and yes I have updated
the firmware on both, many times.

Lennart Sorensen