OT: sharing Rogers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 16:08:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 05:03:59PM -0500, Matt Cahill wrote:
>  James (& Lennart),
>
>    This was my primary thought, but it occurred to me - wouldn't
>    Rogers notice if both computers were on at the same time?  Sorry
>    for my naivety, but I didn't think it was *that* simple (!)  Or are
>    you suggesting that there would need to be some manual settings put
>    on the router before this works?

No, since they can't tell the difference between you running two web
browsers on one computer or one web browser on each of two computers.
The connections will be identical.

For rogers take on it see here:
http://www.rogershelp.com/yahoo/connection/homenetworking/index.html

They seem very much to think a home router or connection sharing is just
fine, but are willing to sell you more IPs if you ahve an application
that requries each machine to have its own real IP.

Lennart Sorensen