ssmtp configuration question

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 02:35:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:54:50PM -0500, Allen Taylor wrote

> Hmm. I'm running mutt/ssmtp for my email with vim as the editor.

  *EXACTLY* my configuration.  Here are the relevant parts of ssmtp.conf

mailhub=smtp.istop.com
rewriteDomain=waltdnes.org

  Could you please email me your .muttrc offline... minus your POP
logon password, of course<g>?  I can't seem to do anything much beyond
revaliases.  The top line of this email's headers is...
"From: Walter <email2-j30rFtiH+aqnzT0iUeSTvQ at public.gmane.org>" (without the quotes).  That's
not what it'll be when it gets mailed.  Experimenting on my "user2"
account always ended up with user2-SLHPyeZ9y/tTeqIcxkLZrQ at public.gmane.org

  I suppose I could create user accounts on my machine to match my email
addresses.  With the -u and -o options, useradd can create duplicate
userids.  Presumably, these duplicate IDs would be able to go into my
waltdnes account (if they have the same userid) and run mutt.  Not quite
as bad as "su -", but still clunky.

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.