OT: Skilled migration

David Colebatch david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 01:36:36 UTC 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 15:03, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> I wonder if Australia suffers from the same 'no local experience' bias
> against immigrant workers that Canada does?

I've never heard of anyone getting knocked back for that reason.  I have just
moved to Toronto from Australia.

Actually, I haven't had that problem here either though, but maybe they reject
my resume on that basis, but don't tell me so.

I am currently working for the Ontario government (iServ) and from my
colleagues,  I gather they don't have that problem either.

> The professional body in
> Ontario, equivalent to the one I was a member of in the UK, takes great
> delight in having *no* reciprocal agreement with foreign equivalents.

Interesting.

Rgds,

David