"screen" causes problems for non-screen tty's

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 8 01:24:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:06:20AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> What distribution and version are you running?

Linux i686 2.6.10-gentoo-r6

> Only problem I have ever had is if I login as one user, su to another,
> run screen, then screen doesn't work right.

  The following are all in real textmode.  I logged in as "waltdnes" on
tty1.  {ALT-F4} to tty4 where I logged in as "user2" and started screen.
{ALT-F1} takes me back to tty1.  Try running vim or mc on tty1.  That's
where I run into problems.

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.