OT: sharing Rogers

Matt Cahill m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 7 22:22:36 UTC 2005

JM> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 17:03 -0500, Matt Cahill wrote:
>> This was my primary thought, but it occurred to me - wouldn't
>>    Rogers notice if both computers were on at the same time?  Sorry
>>    for my naivety, but I didn't think it was *that* simple (!)  Or are
>>    you suggesting that there would need to be some manual settings put
>>    on the router before this works?
>>

JM> With Rogers, what you do is spoof the mac address of the nic that is
JM> connected presently on the outgoing interface of the router. Rogers in
JM> turn will only be able to see the router and not the various connections
JM> behind it.

JM> John

  Thanks for all of the feedback guys - it seems to make a lot of
  sense, but I had to ask as my wife-to-be works at home and I
  couldn't afford to assume that Rogers would simply work with a
  router-as-gateway for both of us.  Much appreciated.

  Cheers,

  Matt

--

Matt Cahill
                      m dash cahill at rogers dot com

This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible. This was terrible with raisins in it.
 - Dorothy Parker