"linux printing" for wireless

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 4 13:29:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:43:39 -0500, Matt Cahill <m-cahill-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the links, guys.  I don't have a 'nix notebook, but a mixed OS
> household (me-linux, the wife-OSX) to setup.  Hoping to share a cable
> connection over a wireless LAN, using a DLink wireless router, an AirPort
> card for her desktop, and a Linux-friendly wi-fi card for my desktop.
I've got the exact same setup, right down to the DLink WiFi router.
The only problems were with WPA. WEP worked great with the GNU/Linux
box (note: I am using NDISwrapper), but I could never get WPA to work.
For the time being the Linux box is off and I've got WPA going on the
PowerBook. I guess with a Linux-friendly card you could dive into
wpa_supplicant and see if it works.
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/)
Be forewarned: use Software Update to update your AirPort package! I
could not get WPA-PSK to work otherwise.

Mike

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/