OT: Skilled migration

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 4 00:48:50 UTC 2005

On March 3, 2005 14:42, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Hi all.  Anyone thinking about a change of scene?  Australia is looking
> likely to take in 20,000 additional skilled workers next financial year
> (July - June), over its already significant immigration quotas.
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1315112.htm

I am very sceptical of industry lobby groups that try to lobby (read buy)
politicians into passing increased immigration quotas. It could be pure
coincidence that the same language that was used to gut the IT industry in
the US is now being used in Australia. You can read Dr. Norman Matloff's
essay "Debunking the Myth of a Desperate Software Labor Shortage" at
<http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.real.html>.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay