OT: Skilled migration

Dan Gennidakis dgenn-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 3 20:00:29 UTC 2005

I am looking into New Zealand myself as well. Same situation there. One of the lowest unemployment rates in the world for skilled workers. Public Health care, affordable living and nice annual weather patterns. Also there is a much more open acceptance to Open Source software in use in Gov and Corporate sectors in comparison to what we have in Canada. As Canadians we are high on the entry/approval list. Plus for me being a paddler (Kayak, Surfski & Outrigger canoe) having access to the pacific on multiple shorelines is a big bonus ;-)

Cheers,

Dan

Robert Brockway <rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
Hi all. Anyone thinking about a change of scene? Australia is looking
likely to take in 20,000 additional skilled workers next financial year
(July - June), over its already significant immigration quotas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1315112.htm

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.