Linux supported Wireless PCMCIA a/b/g card typeII - for IBM T23 2647-2TU?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 3 19:16:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:12:32PM -0500, Dan Gennidakis wrote:
> Wow Tiger lists it for 120$. Pretty expensive. I have seen many "G" wireless cards for 40-50$. Even at Tiger Direct.

Yeah amazing what going from FullMAC to SoftMAC does to the price.  No
wonder companies are swithing their designs to WinMAC designs.  Makes
their cards just as cheap as the competitors who have already switched
to cheap junk chips.  It's just like how a winmodem can be bought for
$20 while a real modem is 2 or 3 times that.

You never get more than you pay for (although sometimes you get less).

Lennart Sorensen