Any Americans on the list?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 2 21:07:19 UTC 2005

I am on the Dice.com mailing list because I an looking for a better position
(anyone know of anyone looking for a Linux System Administrator / writer,
let me know). The problem with Dice.com is that they do tend to be U.S.
centric, which results in e-mails like the one you see below. If you have a
U.S. mailing address (I don't), and want what sounds like an easy $10 go for
it...

Also, I would be interested in knowing who the "major software manufacturer"
is (hopefully someone other than M****shit :-) ).

Colin McGregor

"SurveyDirect" <survey-h606tYA93WU7PaPn2ozHi1aTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org> on Wednesday, March 02, 2005
12:25 PM wrote:
Subject: IT Manager Survey - Earn Ten Dollars

>   You elected to receive this third party message through the
>   PostMasterDirect Service at Dice.com.
>
> We are conducting a survey of IT Professionals to understand how you feel
about some new software products coming to market.  Your attitudes and
opinions towards these new products will help a major software manufacturer
make the adjustments and change you need them to make.

> To thank you for your time, we will give you $10 for completing this
survey! You will be asked a few questions to understand what role you play
in your organization.  You will then be shown new advertisements for these
new products and services, so please be sure to turn your speakers on.  The
entire survey should take approximately 15 minutes.

> Before you begin, we have some questions to see if you qualify, and to put
you into the appropriate groups.  Once you fill in these questions, we will
take you to the survey.  You can begin here:

> http://dsite.us/y?c=1M7zy-96g.3crK1A.3ke.0&j=1M7zy-96g&e=3crK1A
>
> Thank You
>
> SurveyDirect
> 379 West Broadway
> New York, NY 10012
>

> No purchase necessary. Open to respondents that complete the survey and
are residents of the US and 18+ years of age.  One reward per email address
or household.  Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery. Subject to the
SurveyDirect Reward Program Terms and Conditions

http://ntcr.us/u?v=ce451e8a0302!20050302000035010!221816&e=colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org