Colocation Experiences

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 2 15:20:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:03:26 -0500
Andrew Hammond <ahammond-swQf4SbcV9C7WVzo/KQ3Mw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Aaron Vegh wrote:
> > This is a question I've been pondering myself lately. TCCP would not
> > be an option, because in my case it's a commercial venture. I've done
> > some looking around, and beyond colocation, I've also been looking at
> > managed hosting services.
>
> I believe that nightmare and misery are two adjectives I would apply to
> my experiences with managed hosting services. Having more than one
> person (or I guess group of people) with root on a box doesn't work.

I've had a pretty good experience with managed hosting with http://www.tummy.com ,
but I agree it can be a recipe for trouble when you have too many cooks. You have
to make sure the roles and responsibilities are very clear.

Rob

Rob Sutherland - rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Computer Support at http://www.cheapersafer.com
Land: (416) 536-0176 | Cell: (416)407-1391