istop lines seem to be dropping like crazy

mgjk-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org mgjk-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 30 20:50:53 UTC 2005

> It seems a lot of istop.com customer DSL lines or now dead (at least all
> the ones I know about appear down know).
>
> So Bell can take 5 days to connect, but only a couple of hours to
> disconnect.  Not sure what is an appropriate description of Bell right
> now.

Aren't they still on strike too?

I'm just blown away.  They could simply not do this if there were another
company selling wholesale DSL.  The accounts would transfer to another
wholesaler.

The DSL lines aren't even useful without an upstream provider, who
certainly would be paying Bell wholesale to provide DSL service.

I called the 310 bell line about my phone service disruption this morning.
 The person who answered the phone couldn't even distinguish the
difference between Bell's DSL service and phone service.  "Of course
they're connected, it makes perfect sense that your phonecall would be
disrupted."

They didn't even bat an eyelash that Bell's action against Istop customers
interfered with their telephone service.

Are data-capable phones with cellular service available or affordable on
the Telus or Mike networks these days?  I'd like to ditch my land line, go
for a cheap Roger's cable connection and be able to dial up the office
should my cable modem die.  Not just because I want to get rid of Bell,
but because caller ID and Voicemail is bizzarely expensive, and there's no
point in keeping a landline when it is roughly the same price as a cell.

I ask about those two networks because they have towers near my house:
http://www.arcx.com/sites/

-Mike