nVidia vs. ATI

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 29 18:16:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:32:30PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:

>As part of the article I will need to offer
>suggestions as to what sort of video card to buy. Now
>I like the idea of promoting firms that are based in
>Canada, and even better firms that are based in the
>greater Toronto area (and video card builder ATI with
>it's headquarters in Markham counts).

A Canadian outfit that I have found gives me excellent results is
Matrox.  They have and support Linux drivers on their web site, and the
cards themselves seem rock solid.  I don't play games so I cannot
comment on that score, but I have been very happy with the performance
of my G450 on two monitors for 5+ years - longer than any piece of
hardware I own (other than a couple of power cords ;-)
--

yours,

William