Need an ISP in TO

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 29 18:00:01 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Some people think rogers doesn't mind, other people have discovered that
> they do mind.
My girlfriend discovered this when she mentioned to tech support that
she was running a web server. She runs it to share photos with friends
and family, so it's extremely low-traffic. Her connection immediately
went out and stayed out for the rest of the day. However, they haven't
blocked port 80 or anything... maybe it was just a coincidence? A very
unlikely one?

> Hmm, no static ip, don't seem to indicate directly if you can use a
> modem you already own, and I can't find a copy of their terms of service
> on the web site.
http://www.look.ca/page.asp?intNodeID=2615
I have no idea if you can use an existing modem. I think the one they
sell you is just part of the "start-up" fee. In any case, it's a darn
sight better than renting for $10/month of whatever Sympatico charges.

No static IP, that's correct. I just use a free dynamic DNS solution.
My router has a built-in client but most providers have a Perl script
or a Linux binary.

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/