Can anyone reach istop?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 29 16:55:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:46:23PM -0400, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 08:30 -0400, William O'Higgins wrote:
>
> > So, who did you switch to?
>
> TekSavvy Solutions (http://www.teksavvy.com/).  They got me up and
> running fast, it works, they don't seem to care if you run servers, same
> price as istop (including static IP option).
>
> My 12 hour experience has been good, YMMV.

Hey neat, they offer Dry DSL (service on an inactive phone line).  It
costs more ($17/month + DSL service cost it appears for around here),
but at least it is an option for people who want to go VoIP and not use
rogers while canceling regular phone service.

I was wondering if Bell would ever let that happen.

The cost is a bit higher than istop ($50 once is less than $4/month for
a static ip) and 20G/month is not 25G/month and $3/GB extra is more than
$1/GB, so the bandwidth charges could increase the price for those that
actually use that much bandwidth, but for typical users, it sure looks
very comparable.

Lennart Sorensen