[OT] Routing?

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 27 18:13:14 UTC 2005

On Jun 27, 2005, at 1:44 PM, James Knott wrote:

> Also, are you certain that the problem is caused by Rogers and not the
> other ISP?

Not absolutely -- the other ISP could be blocking Rogers' traffic --
but the explanation someone put forward about port 25 outbound blocking
made sense.
(Aha!  It just dawned on me that I should be able to test that by
moving her machine back to the cable connection and trying to telnet to
the IStop -- or some other -- SMTP server.  Thanks!)

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714