[OT] Routing?

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 27 16:53:21 UTC 2005

On Jun 27, 2005, at 11:53 AM, James Knott wrote:

> Some ISPs, I believe Primus is one, allow access from off their
> network,
> using a secure connection.  However, that's a different port, so
> hopefully, Rogers or other won't block it.

If this really turns out to be the problem, we'll have to look at
something of the sort as a solution.

The basic problem is that she just wants to use Rogers as an Internet
access point.  She has her own domain with mail and web site handled by
the "other" ISP.  She absolutely doesn't want business e-mail to look
as if it's coming from a Rogers account rather than her business
domain.  And if they stop her from using other SMTP services, I'm
expecting they might treat non-Rogers sending addresses as spoof
attempts.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714