copy and paste

Andy Jack andy+lists-NouRTJlp5sIsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 25 12:44:25 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 08:10:59AM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Is there a way to configure how copy and paste works?
>
> At home, I use FC2, GNOME, and all is fine. When I just mark a text in
> terminal window, I can paste it to other applications by clicking at the
> same time left and right mouse button. This is nice, it works, probably
> with any application. Thats how it should be working. Its convenient.

Possibly an X configuration issue?  If you have "Emulate3Buttons" or
"ChordMiddle" enabled, then chording the left and right buttons (like
playing a chord with multiple keys on a piano) will make X respond to a
middle-click (i.e., paste) event.

>From my XF86Config:

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)

#    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
#    Option "Emulate3Timeout"    "50"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

hth,
Andy