USB Flash Memory suggestions

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 21 15:29:42 UTC 2005

almost all flash memory (except for the odd case) works well with the
scsi generic disk driver (i.e. sda, sdb, etc). You should either compile
this as a module and insert it upon boot, or compile directly into the
kernel. I would choose option #2. In the kernel configuration It should
be under

Device Drivers -> SCSI Device Support

Make sure you have

<*> SCSI disk support
<*> SCSI generic support

Also, under

Device Drivers -> USB Support

<*>  EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support
<*> UHCI HCD (most Intel and VIA) support
<*> USB Mass Storage support
--- under here is a list of specific drivers

I would recommend using a kingston memory device, works w/ generic usb
storage driver.

~/Chris

it should be configured into the kernel

>>> amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org 6/21/05 10:13:31 am >>>

Hello All,  I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on
linux
compatible flash memory for use with both linux and windows?  Does it
matter which brand I buy or do they all work equally with linux? Is
there
a page which rates linux compatibility of flash-memory similar to the
one
for printers?  Are there any local downtown Toronto stores that you
suggest buying from? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  Alex