Domain name registration

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 21 12:05:00 UTC 2005

Are you doing your own hosting? or would you rather put it up on a
remote server?

You can register your domain virtually anywhere, and almost anywhere
you'd have it managed by Verisign. They're one of the larger name
service providers.

I use a service called No-IP, which allows me to have a registered
domain without a static IP. Something similar is Dyn-DNS.org or
something like that. You can register through them as well, and it's
good if you're hosting things on your linux box.

Both of these companies just offer pointing services for those who have
small to medium size businesses and subscribe to Rogers or the like with
DHCP leases.

They're fast, reliable, cheap(?), and somewhat helpful if you have any
bugs.

~/Chris

>>> Steven.Nagy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org 6/21/05 1:39:27 am >>>
Hi everybody,

Can somebody help me a site name, where could I register a ".com"
domain
name, which is not so expensive and it's reliable?

Thank you,

Steven