Slightly OT: OpenSolaris

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 20 12:09:32 UTC 2005

On 6/17/05, Francois Ouellette <fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Has anyone tried or intend to try this one on a x86 machine? Although the
> installation procedure looks like a drag...
>
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/

Thanks for mentioning this.  Yes I intend to try it.  One of these
weekends in the next couple of weeks I'll install it as a VMware guest
and see what it can do.  I like the project philosophies, especially
that Sun is supporting it officially and will be building their future
commercial distributions from its codebase.