installfest photos and wiki

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 17 03:40:18 UTC 2005

On 6/16/05, John Vetterli <jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Sy wrote:
> > It's fixed.  Sorry about the delay.
> > Please keep an eye on one potential error:  Particularly massive
> > pictures may generate errors.  Do report anything unusual.
> > To make a nice gallery, do:
> > <gallery>
> > Image:my_image.jpg|optional description
> > Image:some other image 2.jpg
> > </gallery>
> > and it will figure things out for you.
>
> Woohoo!  And thanks.
>
> That wiki <gallery> tag is pretty impressive.  I've put up my photos at:
>         http://gtalug.org/index.php/InstallFest-2005-06-photos
> Attendees (or anybody who wants to pretend they attended), please feel to
> add descriptions as you see fit.

Nice to see you're making good use out of it.

Also, I must mention that pictures should probably find themselves
released under the GFDL license the rest of the site is in, otherwise
we'll need to tag pictures with an alternate license.

The only thing I see lacking with the gallery tag is that it's only
three pictures wide.  I hope to see it expanded in a future mediawiki
release.

If you wanted to get fancy with image tags in the future, we can talk.
 There are lots of options.

[[Image:myimage.jpg|thumb|left|description]]
[[Image:myimage.jpg|180px|right]]

On the note of galleries, does anyone know why PNGs don't thumbnail well?