installfest photos and wiki

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 16 19:34:54 UTC 2005

Edit LocalSettings.php - In this case I added:

$wgDisableUploads = false;

Note to self/other interested people, this command will be changed for
mediawiki 1.5 so it will have to be fiddled with.  I think it's going
to become $wgEnableUploads = true;

I also had to make sure the htdocs/images/ directory was writable.

There may be additional issues with particularly large files, as
apache/php would need to be configured to accept uploading of files of
a certain size.

My own notes are here:
http://sysy.homeip.net/mw/index.php/LocalSettings.php
and I also include some other tidbits.