wxPython on Debian?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 16 18:42:19 UTC 2005

Recap:

On a Debian testing system I wanted to install the wxPython (GUI stuff)
module.  I apt-got the bits I thought I needed, but got errors about
failure to import modules wxPython and wx.

It turns out that if you have both python 2.3 and 2.4 installed, you
only get the wxPython stuff imported into 2.3.  However, this was fixed
quickly and simply (once I knew what the problem was) by doing this:

"cp -r /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/* /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/."

It is inelegant, but it does work, which I think is a real plus.
--

yours,

William