wxPython on Debian?

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 16 16:07:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:31:34AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 10:57:22AM -0400, William O'Higgins wrote:
>> I'm trying to install wxPython on my Debian machine, and for some reason
>> I'm running into trouble.  Has anyone used this module, and if so, how
>> did you get it installed?  I've installed everything I thought I should
>> have, but I'm getting complaints about wxPython not being installed.
>
>What is making the complaint?
>
>What is the error it gives?
>
>Maybe something depends on a specific version.

The error is this:

ImportError: No module named wxPython

or:

ImportError: No module named wx

Depending if I call the module as "from wxPython import wx" or "import
wx".  Since I've got an up to date "testing" system and I only installed
the various recommended components today, I don't think it's a version
problem.
--

yours,

William