open source project looking for GUI (Tcl/Tk) developers

bob fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 15 13:45:27 UTC 2005

The IO Anywhere library project
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/ioanywhere)  is creating an LGPL'd
library to interface with the very capable IO Anywhere network appliance.
The effort has been underway for a year or so and much has been
accomplished ... although much still needs to be done.

As you may well know the IO Anywhere network appliance
(http://www.io-anywhere.ca) comes with a very capable built in web
interface.    They even maintain one online which allows us to play with it.

While this web interface facilitates remote device configuration it only
affords a limited amount of real time data capturing/logging capabilities.

For those capabilites we propose to create a set of stand alone Tcl/Tk
applications which use the  Tcl/Tk portion of the LGPL'd library and SIMPL
messaging to interface to the IO Anywhere network appliance.

This subproject effort is just getting underway and a number of screen
shots of the proposed Tcl/Tk interface have been created and placed under
CVS.      We would welcome Tcl/Tk developers of all experience levels who
would like to hone their Tcl/Tk skills on an interesting piece of work.

bob
PS.
The quickest way to join up with this effort is to subscribe to the project
mailing list by sending a blank email directly to
ioanywhere-subscribe[atnospam]yahoogroups.com