Large html pages and slow load times/high CPU usage

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 13 23:28:00 UTC 2005

On June 13, 2005 18:46, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi, I broke each cell into it's own table which obviosuly increased the
> data size but just as you said cut the display time down from ~5 minutes
> to 62 seconds for my test. Not a bad performance boost, if I do say so
> myself. :D Still need it faster though, if possible.
>
> Maybe if I turn off perl's buffers? That should show the user that
> something is happening and prevent timeouts. I wonder how much overhead
> that will add? Time to experiment!

If you do not mind making your application Mozilla specific, you can always
take advantage of some of the things offered by the Mozilla suite of tools,
such as XUL and RDF. RDF, in particular, would be quite suitable for very
large datasets. An example of RDF usage in the Mozilla suite of technologies
is that Thunderbird uses RDF to render the contents of mailboxes. Even with
large numbers of messages in a given mailbox, Thunderbird still remains
responsive.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay