linuxcaffe is..

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 12 23:24:30 UTC 2005

J. Qiang Li wrote:

>congrats on the opening!

thankyou, thankyouverymuch !

>any store pictures ?

pictures, yes, online, no
:-(

> what is the website ?

linuxcaffe.com
The existing tikiwiki site has gone totally stale as I waited on the
edge of my chair for my web developer pal to whip up the new site. Five
months later, I'm gettin a sore butt from chair-edge-sitting, and the
website in not much closer. I now realize that I will have to rethink
this website thingy, anyone interested in playing ?

>other than coming for drinks, what do those mean to customer or linux geeks?

Well you'll be enjoying drinks and panini in the company of other geeks,
for one thing. The place is an example of a retail location using
nothing but open source. We'll have a slew of fresh burned linux distros
and single purpose boot CDs on hand. We are developing an all linux
internet cafe with thin client thinkpads and WiFi to the park. A number
of groups are looking at finding a spot on our schedule to gather and
share technologies; GTA-lug executive board, perl-mongers, the ruby
users group, the asterisk/ voip group and others. We hope to get in a
range of high tech toys for sale (USB keys with fun things on them, WiFi
cards and ThinkGeek type silliness) and soon the shelves will be stocked
with swag; hats, t-shirts, stickers and pocket protectors festooned with
penguins, logos and geeky things on them.

but other than that.. nothing really.. would a 20ft tall tux on the wall
qualify ?
if you think so we'll put one up..
;-)

djp